St. John’s Church – Messena
Sunday at 9am.
St. John’s, Massena: The first services were held in the Town Hall in 1868. First named Great Shepherd Church , the name changed to St. John’s in January, 1872. In 1887, the Gothic brick building was constructed and in 1904, the rectory was built next door. St. John’s buildings and congregation grew with the addition of many industries to Massena. St. John’s has been enriched by the addition of the Armenian community; also the Lutherans looking for a new home after their church closed in 1990. Our building is used by many groups and organizations, including a free-standing medical clinic for uninsured adults. We honor God through worship, study and prayer, pastoral care, outreach and a variety of ecumenical endeavors.