Christ Church – Gilbertsville
Christ Church, Gilbertsville, was founded on July 28, 1833. The cornerstone of the current building was laid in 1834. A Parish House was added in 1955, and contributes significantly to the many ministries supported by the Parish. The church building, as well as the accompanying Rectory and barn are included, with the entire village of Gilbertsville, on the National Register of Historic Places. For many years Christ Church has been active in various mission initiatives throughout the world. Locally they initiated the ‘Saint Afterschool Program’ and the Gilbertsville Ecumenical Relief Team. They worked to rebuild after hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and have served in Dominican Republic, Argentina, Bolivia, Belize, Hudson Bay Canada, South Sudan and Madagascar.