Christ Church – Walton
Christ Church, Walton, is the oldest church building in Walton, and one of the oldest in the Albany Diocese. Legally organized in February 8, 1831, it was Consecrated by Bishop Benjamin T. Onerdonk into the New York Diocese on August 22, 1834. Rev. John G. Messenger was the first Rector. We continually give all the glory, praise and thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ for all the blessed souls whom have found salvation and spiritual uplifting as they passed through our way. By, with and through God’s grace, in a short time we will have the privilege to celebrate our Bi-Centennial.