Christ & St. John’s Church – Champlain
Priest-in-Charge: The Rev. Patricia Beauharnois
Location: 8 Butternut St.
Mail: PO Box 240, Champlain, NY 12919-0240
Telephone: (518) 298-8543
Northern Adirondack Deanery
Christ & St. John’s, Champlain, was established in 1969, when Christ Church of Rouses Point merged with St. John’s Church of Champlain. The first services were held in the village’s school chapel in November, 1852. On April 4th, 1853, St. John’s was built on Moore Street, but lost to a fire on Christmas Eve, 1902. In 1903, a stone structure was erected then sold twenty years later. From the proceeds, the present chapel was erected in 1923. Christ Church was established in Rouses Point on September 13th, 1860, and closed in 1969. It is the mission of Christ & St. John’s Church to be a joy filled people who know, live and share the saving work of Jesus Christ.