Church of the Good Shepherd – Canajoharie

goodshepherdRector: The Rev. Ginny Ogden
Location: 26 Moyer St
Mail: PO Box 118, Canajoharie, NY 13317-0118
Telephone: (518) 673-3440
Send E-Mail
Western Mohawk Deanery
Sunday Service 9:30am
Adult education gathers at 8:30am before worship

Church of the Good Shepherd, Canajoharie, was founded as a missionary outpost of St. Ann’s, Amsterdam.  The congregation dates back to 1852 worshipping in an area Lutheran Church.  The present-day structure was completed in 1857.  Other than the removal of the bell tower and the installation of a ramp entryway there has been little change to the original structure.  Interior upgrading has taken place, as needed. Of significance, two walls of our parish hall contain a mural vividly depicting Bible stories from Genesis through Revelation.  A two-sided, lighted sign was recently installed to touch those in the community.  The sign embraces the essence of the parish’s mission statement, which reads, “Reaching up…Reaching Out… Reaching Lives…For Christ!!!”