Grace Church – Canton
Grace Church, Canton, was established on August 22, 1836. The original frame church was erected in1842 and served the congregation until 1903 when the current church was built. It was moved behind the stone church as a parish hall and eventually demolished. In 1887 the current rectory was built. Currently the emphasis at Grace is on ministry. We run a community meal once a month, support missionaries, support KAIROS, actively promote ecumenical programs, and are presently engaged in using our vacant rectory as a halfway house for women in addiction recovery. To this end we have been working with other churches and people in the community; gaining a renewed perspective on God’s Kingdom.