St. Eustace Church – Lake Placid, NY
St. Eustace, Lake Placid, was founded in 1894. The first services were held in the parlor of the famous old Stevens House as part of the mission of Rev. Walter W. Larom of Saranac Lake. The original site of St. Eustace by the Lakes was built on the strip of land between Lake Placid and Mirror Lake, and was consecrated on September 9, 1900. The Vestry voted in 1926 to dismantle St. Eustace by the Lakes and rebuild the structure on its’ current site, on Main St. overlooking Mirror Lake. The corner stone was laid on March 17, 1927 and by June 19, 1927 the church was ready for services.