St. James’ Church – Lake George, NY
Rector: The Rev. Jean M. DeVaty
Deacon: The Rev. Barbara Mitchell
Location: 172 Ottawa St, Lake George, NY 12845-1414
Telephone: (518) 668-2001
Homepage: St. James
Southern Adirondack Deanery
St. James, Lake George: Tradition has it that in 1855 the Reverend Isaac Tuttle paddled his canoe to the meet with others at the Court House to discuss the naming and incorporation of an Episcopal Parish in Lake George. He was so taken by the beauty around him that upon arriving at the meeting he shared James 1:17, “Every good and perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father of lights …”. On August 5, 1855, St. James’ was named after that verse. Since then, it has been a place of worship, rest, and refreshment for residents as well as the many visitors who come through our doors … a good and perfect gift given by our Father.