St. Paul’s Church – Albany
St. Paul’s, Albany, celebrated its 190th Anniversary on November 12, 2017 in its fourth main building (1964). Previous locations were on South Ferry St. (now Equinox -1828), South Pearl St. (Times-Union Arena, 1838) and Lancaster St. (Empire State Plaza, 1862). St. Paul’s is Albany’s second oldest Episcopal congregation. St. Paul’s founded (in Albany) Trinity, Holy Innocents, Free St. Paul’s, Grace, St. Andrew’s, St. Mark’s and (in Delmar) St. Stephen’s. St. Paul’s has provided domestic and foreign leadership through 8 Bishops including Bishop William Ingraham Kip, first Bishop of the State of California, and Henry Yates Satterlee, First Bishop of Washington, D. C. who began the National Cathedral. Sunday School had up to 750 Sunday School students!