St Paul’s Church, Salem, was incorporated in February 1860. The rector of St Paul’s Church, Troy, laid the cornerstone in September, and the Bishop of New York consecrated the new church (the nave of the present church building) in December 1860. Two additions (in 1875 and 1890) brought the building to its present size and the historic E. & G.G. Hook organ was installed in 1890. The parish operated a boarding school in the 1880’s. The former school building now houses the community food pantry. Today St Paul’s is an inclusive parish with traditional worship and music and a strong presence in the ecumenical community of Salem.