St. Peter’s Church – Albany, NY

Albany, St. Peter'sRector: The Rev. Paul J. Hartt
Associate Rector: The Rev. Susan Waldron
Location: 107 State St, Albany, NY 12207
Telephone: (518) 434-3502
Fax: (518) 462-4419
Rector’s E-mail: Click here
Assoicate Rector’s E-mail: Click here
Church E-mail: Click here
St. Peter’s Church Website
Deanery: Metropolitan

St. Peter’s Church, Albany, was born of the Church of England’s Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts, which was established to advance the Faith in the colonies. One of its missionaries, The Rev. Thomas Barclay, came to Albany in 1704. Rev. Barclay’s primary ministry was directed to the Iroquois tribes and the British garrison. Rev. Barclay soon oversaw the building of the first Anglican church in Albany. The first Service was held in this edifice in November of 1716.  Two more churches were built subsequently near the site of the original church, one in 1803 and the present church in 1859. Saint Peter’s has served our Lord in Albany for more than 300 years.