St. Phillip’s Church – Norwood
Rector: The Rev. Kathryn Boswell
Location: 42 South Main.
Mail: PO Box 225, Norwood, NY 13668
Telephone: (315) 353 2037
Website: St. Philip’s Church
Saint Lawrence Deanery
St. Philip’s, Norwood, was incorporated as a Parish in 1901, but its roots go back to a group of 15 families who began meeting as St. Andrew’s Mission in 1874. The building was finished in 1894, and the name was changed to St. Philip’s at that time. The congregation has a long tradition of feeding people. The church historian, Mrs. Clark Bowhall, wrote that “our church suppers were popular well before the building of our Parish Hall.” The parish’s primary goal, in fellowship with our sister churches, is to live out the love of Jesus here in Norwood. Taking to heart Jesus’ words in Matthew 11:28-29, St. Philip’s mission statement is twofold: “Welcoming the weary, dedicated to discipleship.”