St. Stephen’s – Schenectady, NY
Rector: The Rev. James R. McDonald
Deacon: The Rev. Patricia L. Jones
Location: 1229 Baker Ave, Schenectady, NY 12309
Telephone: (518) 346-6241
Homepage: St. Stephen’s Online
Incorporated – 1947
Church built – 1947 Educational wing built – 2012
The congregation of St. Stephen’s shares a common understanding of the Christian faith that informs but does not determine what ought to be done in living the Christian life. The worship, outreach and programs at St. Stephen’s take into account diverse understandings of issues within and without the church. Ambiguity and difference are not only tolerated but accepted, as long as issues and questions are probed and spiritual insights are gained.
Our outdoor labyrinth is a seven-circuit round classical design which is an adaptation of the millennia-old type found in many medieval churches. Today it is used by groups and by individuals both within and outside the congregation.