St. Stephen’s – Schuylerville
Services are at 8:30am
St. Stephen’s, Schuylerville: After several years of services by itinerant priests, the Parish of St. Stephen’s was incorporated March 2, 1846 in the booming Champlain Canal village of Schuylerville. With the gift of a plot of land by the Victory Manufacturing Company and substantial contributions by Dr. Charles H. Payn, the congregation broke ground in 1868 for a church building and school. Services began at Christmas that year, while the church was being completed with chestnut pews, a bell, a tracker organ and handsome stained glass windows. Bishop Doane conducted the consecration in 1870.