Trinity Church – Gouverneur
Holy Eucharist is celebrated each Sunday morning at 10 a.m.
Trinity Church, Gouverneur:
The cornerstone of Trinity Church, Gouverneur, was laid on September 10, 1866. The church was dedicated free from debt July 29, 1869, by the first Rt. Rev. William Croswell Doane. Trinity was admitted into the Albany Diocese the following convention in 1870. Except for the addition of the narthex in the late 1950’s, Trinity Church has remained the same as when it was built. Trinity remains to this day, the oldest original church structure within the community of Gouverneur. The photo shown here was taken during its 150th anniversary celebration.