Interim Priest-in-charge: The Very Rev. David Ousley
Location: 18 Trinity Place, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Telephone: (518) 561-2244
Fax: (518) 562-7880
Northern Adirondack Deanery
Trinity Church, Plattsburgh, incorporated 1821, is an 1830 stone church, capacity c. 250, with a square bell tower reminiscent of Norman architecture. It sits near a small downtown green and city hall. A dozen handsome 19th century memorial windows grace all sides of the “oldest public” building in Plattsburgh. Of our 26 rectors, the longest in office were Fr. Richard Janke (26 years) and Fr. Joseph Coit (26 years in two installments). Our most famous rector, lately of interest to the BBC, was John Henry Hopkins, who later wrote “We Three Kings” and commissioned several objects of aesthetic virtue. Our ground-breaking first female rector, Mtr. Teri Monica arrived in 2016.