St. John’s Church – Delhi, NY
Rector: The Rev. Darius Mojallali
Deacon: The Rev. Nancy Truscott
Location: Main St.
Mail: PO Box 121, Delhi, NY 13753
Telephone: (607) 746-3437
St. John’s Website
St. John’s, Delhi, was established September 13, 1819, at a meeting held at the Court House and chaired by the Rev. David Huntington, Rector of St. Peter’s, Hobart. It is the oldest church in Delhi and the second oldest Episcopal Church in Delaware County. In 1935 fire destroyed the original wood frame church. The memorial chapel began to be used as the church and still is today. It is architecturally significant as one of the finest and earliest remaining examples of the Romanesque style in Delaware County. On February 28, 1994, St. John’s initiated an application for inclusion on the State Register of Historical Places, and was subsequently granted. The parish’s mission is “Knowing Christ and Making Him Known”.