St. Peter’s Church – Hobart, NY
Rector: The Rev. Darius Mojallali
Deacon: The Rev. Nancy Truscott
Location: Pine St., Hobart, NY 13788
Mailing: 16155 City Highway 18
Stamford, NY 12167
Telephone: (607) 538-9503
St. Peter’s, Hobart: St. Peter’s was admitted to union with the Diocese of New York on October 12,1796. There was controversy about where and when a church would be built, so, Trinity Church, Manhattan, furnished $500 to help them organize and move toward erecting a building. The frame was raised July 4, 1801, painted in 1802 and furnished with pews in 1822. Two churches owe their beginning to St. Peter’s – Grace Chapel, Stamford (now closed), and St. John’s, Delhi. Since Saint Peter’s beginnings, men and women have sung praise to God, heard God’s word preached, and celebrated the sacraments. Through the ministry of this parish, countless people have been brought to a deeper faith in Jesus Christ. The momentum continues.