Zion Church – Morris
Zion Church, Morris, built in 1818, was founded by The Rev’d Daniel Nash. Zion grew out of services held in the homes of some of the earliest settlers in the Butternut Valley. Services were conducted by various preachers, including Fr. Nash who became the first permanent Rector of what was named Harmony Church. As this small band of communicants outgrew Harmony, the congregation pressed for a larger facility. Their zeal resulted in construction of the present-day stone edifice on land donated by General Jacob Morris in 1818. The new structure was named “Zion”. While the church building remains outwardly the same, the interior was completely renovated and enlarged by adding a chancel in 1868.